Dear Rector Candidate,
We extend a warm and enthusiastic welcome to you, eagerly anticipating your consideration of St. Michael’s as your potential new church home. Our dedicated parishioners are excited to introduce you to the vibrant and enriching life within our parish, as well as our steadfast commitment to reaching out to our wider community.
At St. Michael’s, our hearts are open, and our excitement is genuine as we embark on this new chapter. We are in search of a spiritual leader who can guide us in deepening our Christian faith and help us create programs that will attract and nurture new members, particularly families with young children. Our church, located at the crossroads of two bustling intersections since 2003, is strategically positioned to offer spiritual guidance to those in need and those seeking a new church home.
In the thriving economy of upstate South Carolina, our community is flourishing with businesses, educational institutions, and opportunities for growth. We understand that finding the right leader may take time, and we are willing to wait patiently, guided by prayer, until we find the perfect fit for St. Michael’s.
Our search committee, Vestry, and congregation have identified the qualities we seek in our next rector:
- A biblically grounded and inspiring preacher who fosters Christian development and a deep understanding of our Anglican faith.
- A motivational leader committed to building and sustaining Christian education programs for all ages.
- An effective manager who inspires active involvement and the use of individual talents within our parish life.
- A collaborative communicator who promotes teamwork, positive Christian fellowship, and respect for individual worth.
- A compassionate listener and nurturing caregiver for pastoral care and counseling.
- A competent and intuitive administrator who works closely with the Vestry and Finance Committee to plan for our fiscal future and the development of St. Michael’s for the glory of God.
We invite you to explore St. Michael’s more deeply, to be inspired by our identity, and to share in our dreams for the future. As you prayerfully consider whether St. Michael’s feels like “coming home,” may God’s guidance be with you.
Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.
Yours in Christ,
Mark Pesnell, Senior Warden